Unable to uninstall a program

ponytail 09:58 02 Jul 2018

I was trying to find a program to RIP CDs to MP3.I tried one but decided to try another one which works fine but now I cannot uninstall the first one as I get this message. Express RIP cannot be uninstalled because it is being used by another user on this computer .Please log off other users then try again as administrator. In all programs the program is listed as Express RIP CD Ripper software.How do I uninstall it.

soulofknight 13:03 02 Jul 2018

I am not a computer genius, but there is once I faced the same issue as you too. Then I realized myself that I am able to remove it using Ccleaner software. You can give it a try, not sure it will work for you or not.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:17 02 Jul 2018

Boot to safemode to uninstall it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:18 02 Jul 2018

You didn't need to install anything to rip a CD windows media player will do it easily.

wee eddie 13:18 02 Jul 2018

Reboot > Use CCleaner to stop it opening at Start-up > reboot > Use CCleaner to remove it

ponytail 10:30 03 Jul 2018

Hi wee eddie I tried what you said by rebooting the PC and then ran ccleaner then rebooted it again and ran ccleaner again but must have done something wrong as it is still there.After doing the 1st reboot do I just run analyse and run cleaner on ccleaner then reboot or is that incorrect..

alanrwood 10:47 03 Jul 2018

I think you should use Ccleaner to edit the startup programs in Ccleaner/Tools/Startup.

wee eddie 13:00 03 Jul 2018

CCleaner has an Uninstall Option > Click on Tools > Uninstall

alanrwood 14:30 03 Jul 2018

Hi wee eddie

If the offending program is running as ponytail indicates then It still should not uninstall even in Ccleaner's uninstall funtion. The offending program needs to be shut down first. I suggested removing it from the start up as that is the only way it can have been opened if ponytail did not open it himself. So deleting the program from the Start Up section then rebooting should allow the normal uninstall function to work.

wee eddie 17:41 03 Jul 2018

allanwood - see my suggestion at 13:18 on the 2nd

alanrwood 14:51 04 Jul 2018

Hi Wee Eddie

Missed that. Sorry.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 8 Review

Adobe confirms it’s working on a full Photoshop for the iPad

Apple announces new MacBook Pros for 2018

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?