Unable to send email with attachment of photograph

NtanouEleni 16:47 05 Aug 2019
Answered

Hello, I've been trying to send photographs of medical documents attached to an email, but they are not loading, and there is only a red exclamation mark on the attachments. When I converted the files into pdf they were loaded, but the receipient informed me they only got the rest of the mail, but no sign of the attachments. However, any other file - even of the same type or extention - is being sent without any problem. What might have happened? Can the law about Personal Data prevent such mails?

wee eddie 18:21 05 Aug 2019

How are you loading the .pdf into the email?

grumpy old man 10:48 06 Aug 2019

Privacy has nothing to do with it as nobody would know what is in the email. Why are you even bothering to change a photo to a pdf. Have you tried sending the item in a zipped folder instead of just attaching it.

To make sure your set up is ok try the following. Send a photo to yourself and then try sending the document that somebody cant open to yourself , did you get them and could you open them.

BTW what email program are you using.

NtanouEleni 17:14 06 Aug 2019

I overcame the problem by using a good old fax machine instead. I tried the above, what happened is still a mystery to me. Anyway, thank you all for the time and the advice.

Forum Editor 14:27 17 Aug 2019

"what happened is still a mystery to me."

and to me. I send PDF attachments by the hundred, and I have never experienced the problem you report. How did you do the conversion?

Forum Editor 14:38 17 Aug 2019

Moved to Tech Helproom from Consumer Rights Advice.

Peter Griffin 14:39 17 Aug 2019

Lets just hope the OP doesn't work for the NHS.

NHS told to ditch 'absurd' fax machines

wee eddie 15:17 17 Aug 2019

I refer you to my posting at 18.21 on the 5th.

I think that that is where the problem lies

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Witcher 3 (Switch) Preview

Classic posters from Cuba's Golden Age celebrate cinema and revolution

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Comment télécharger des films et séries Amazon Prime Video ?