Unable to play Videos using Chrome,or Opera.

0127frey 15:33 17 Feb 2018

I just wonder if explain to me,and give me a solution to why suddenly if i use Google Chrome (I have also tried Opera)i cannot play Videos on Facebook,or on Internet Websites except YouTube,so i installed FireFox and it works,could anyone help me put this thing right,Many thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:56 17 Feb 2018

Chrome - three dots to get into settings - advanced - contents settings check whether Flash / javascript etc is disabled

0127frey 17:25 17 Feb 2018

I have installed the two but the Picture just goes into oblongs and square blanks,and what picture there is freezes,the same using Opera,but as i said i have no problem with FireFox,I did read that Chrome no longer used Java,but i don't know when that was put on.But that you for your help.

octal 08:51 18 Feb 2018

I'm not sure if this has got any bearing on it, but I've just swapped back to Firefox having used Opera for some time, I was having trouble viewing videos using HTML5 player that a lot of sites seem to be going over to now.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:24 18 Feb 2018

I did read that Chrome no longer used Java

Java a Javascript are two different things JAVA is unsafe remove it. Javascript is enabled disabled in settings in Chrome.

click here

octal 12:42 18 Feb 2018

Ignore my post, Opera upgraded yesterday and whatever was causing the problem has resolved itself.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 6 (2018) review

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment retrouver son code Wifi ?