Unable to play video clips on BBC website.

Aitchbee 17:58 08 Feb 2018

The circle starts to turn in the video box but after a few seconds I get a message:-

Sorry, you need Flash to play this. Enable it on your browser or download Flash Player here.

How do I fix this? I've downloaded and installed Flash Player as advised but still get same error message. I'm using Google Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112m and Windows XP.

Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:02 08 Feb 2018
  Aitchbee 18:52 08 Feb 2018

I've got into the contents section but there is no Flash section there in the list but I notice that in the Plug-Ins section there's something related to Adobe Flash Player and also Native Client, both were disabled. Unfortunately even after enabling these items I still can't get the video clips to run. ie, same error message.

Aitchbee 19:17 08 Feb 2018

Update: it's hit-an-miss at the moment, some of the clips are now playing as normal but many still refuse to play. Very odd.

mikef. 21:50 08 Feb 2018

Happens to me sometimesvwith Firefox as well but using edge gives an option to allow Flash every time and they will play, also happens with rasio

MJS WARLORD 22:33 08 Feb 2018

flash player is now a well documented security risk , some parts of the bbc online services no longer run on flash , they are experimenting with other formats ,

Aitchbee 22:38 08 Feb 2018

Yeah, I came across this info while searching for a solution to my problem. Looks like XP users will be affected.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

When is the next Apple event?

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9