Unable to install Windows Updates

B33J 21:22 30 Jul 2007

I don't know what the hell I have done to my machnine but for some reason I cannot seem to install any updates from Microsoft anymore. My PC will automatically download them but when it comes to installing them, and there are a lot, it just fails.

Does anyone know of a reason for this?

pj1664 22:43 30 Jul 2007

Try this click here

birdface 22:46 30 Jul 2007

We are all infected by the biggest bug ever,It's called Microsoft.Its been a right pain in the butt since its last up-dates and to think that we have more coming in a fortnight.God help us.Try going back about a week on here there were a lot of people with the same problem,including myself.We are all hoping that they are going to have a fix for it in their next load of up-dates,but don't hold your breath.

birdface 23:02 30 Jul 2007

A few folk tried this,And it worked for them,click here Dial-a-fix.exe.Its been a week but If I remember it is a zip file and you have to unzip it.And when you run it you have to click on the green arrow and press !!I think it was repair or start,Anyhow I am sure someone will explain it to you.Once you have run it .Just try and download your up-dates again.Sorry I am a bit Vague but getting to that age.

birdface 00:27 31 Jul 2007

You could try this from another thread. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?