Hot Topics

Unable to install Windows 10 update

Bytegiga 11:41 30 Jan 2020

Have tried to install the Windows 10 update KB4528760 ten times so far, without success. Always get the same error code, 0x800700b7. All other Windows updates have installed without any problems. I have automatic updates switched on.

Any idea how I can successfully install this update?

Jollyjohn 16:20 30 Jan 2020

Go Start - Settings - Update & Security - Select Troubleshoot then scroll down to Windows Updates. This will run the troubleshooter and resolve some updates issues. Worked for me at the start of the week.

Bytegiga 18:51 30 Jan 2020

Jollyjohn. I tried that. Result:- Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem.

mrgrumpy. That site you linked to doesn't appear to be secure (padlock with a red line through it). Automatic updates do actually successfully download the update, but just can't install it for some reason.

x13 21:31 30 Jan 2020

You can try installing it while in a clean boot state . Otherwise it might be worth waiting until February's patch Tuesday as there have been a lot of complaint of installation problems.

Govan1x 21:44 30 Jan 2020

Bytegiga. mrgrumpy's click here works ok for me. What does it say when you click on the padlock.

Brian Hamilton 23:19 30 Jan 2020

mrgrumpy. That site you linked to doesn't appear to be secure (padlock with a red line through it).

That's because mrgrumpy didn't include the in front of the web address.

click here wrong with his link, perfectly safe.

Noting

Brian Hamilton 08:02 31 Jan 2020

Nothing wrong with that link.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Can you see the bottle in this Coke ad?

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs drones pas chers (2020)