unable to install win update sfc result

tonyq 17:44 15 Aug 2018

having trouble installing some windows updates,went on line, suggestions said to run sfc, which I did with the following result. What do I do next ? Link click here

Govan1x 18:00 15 Aug 2018

maybe try this in cmd as administrator.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Govan1x 18:01 15 Aug 2018

Just copy and paste it into CMD.

Should have added I believe that is for W10 or W8. I dont think it works on W7

tonyq 18:14 15 Aug 2018

Govan1x, sorry forgot to say running Windows 7.

Govan1x 23:58 15 Aug 2018

Maybe try your sfc in safe mode to see if that works. or a chkdsk and when that finishes after an hour or two Reboot then run sfc /scannow again.

tonyq 13:05 16 Aug 2018

Govan1x, did as you suggested but ended up getting the same result.

Govan1x 20:30 16 Aug 2018

have you got SP1 installed for W7. Some updates will not work without it.

Om windows 10 you can click on control panel and then click on troubleshoot. Then you can click on Windows updates. That helps on W10 but not sure if it is the same on W7. Maybe try Services and scroll down to Windows Updates and make sure it is set to automatic and running.

If it is set to that just stop it from running and disable windows Updates. Reboot and go back to Windows updates in services and set it to automatic and start it running again. See if that helps with the updates.

tonyq 12:48 17 Aug 2018

Once again thank you for the reply, but still no joy. Have checked and do have SP1 installed and is x64 based system. It seems to be one update that is the problem.

2018-08 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64 based Systems (KB343900) which I even tried downloading/Installing manually to no avail.

This is the error that comes up after failing to install. Error(s) found: Code 800F0900 Windows encountered an unknown error.

rdave13 17:04 17 Aug 2018

Have a look at this and watch the video. It's a handy tool anyway but might help.

majorgeeks

tonyq 11:13 18 Aug 2018

Thank YOU rdave 13 will give it a try when I get the chance.

tonyq 20:24 18 Aug 2018

I have run the suggested software (nice to know about by the way) to no avail. I have the windows 7 disc would that be of any use ?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs