Unable to install i Cloud on new PC

john bunyan 13:52 07 Jul 2018
Answered

On a new PC, fully updated with latest W 10 etc, I cannot install iCloud for windows. The installation fails and rolls back following an error message. . I am loathe to uninstall all Apple products as discussed in Google. It seems a common fault. Is there an easy fix?

john bunyan 20:54 07 Jul 2018

Trouble is it would not install so could not modify it . Have a partial solution: created another user I D ( wife’s) and I cloud installed. Why this is I do not know. I then opened her I cloud then signed out and stopped it in her start menu. Then I could open it in my user I D. Still fiddling with settings to try to get phone photos to download ; used Transfer photo app in the meantime .

john bunyan 07:16 08 Jul 2018
Answer

rdave 13

Thanks. I have spent a long time setting up new PC so will try your suggestions later. At the moment I have I cloud installed via wife’s user a/c and as long as she signs out of iCloud, I can sign in. Fiddling with photo downloads, not yet fully solved. Too hot and garden beckons but will work on it. Amazing how long to set up a PC.

john bunyan 07:47 08 Jul 2018

When I tried to access an image to get iTunes, I got an “access denied” message and could not find a way to get permission. MBAM and Adobe were helpful so I was able to reinstall Photoshop CS5 and my lifetime MBAM Premium licence. Took ages to update to latest W 10 version; have done a series of Macrium images as I go. PC comes with 500 gig SSD, bitlocker enabled. Not sure if that is good? Have at the moment decided not to partition HD as I usually do but am using Freefilesynch to copy User folder, accepting that images will take a bit longer. It is up and running now so we will see how it goes. Thanks for your help to me, and others!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPad Air (2019) review

Digital humans aren't just possible - they're essential in today's top games

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Les meilleures boîtes mails gratuites