Unable to get help from supplier.

Meshuga 17:49 02 Feb 2003

I realize that this is not a tech, query but can anyone offer help. I have downloaded program software from USA plus have ordered a backup disk
for it. The program does not function properly in
spite of various suggestions from the actual manufacturer (who is not the supplier) and who have admitted that the fault is not unknown to them. They have referred me back to the supplier
but the only response I get is a computer generated reply telling me how to install the software. Also the backup disk has not arrived.
The stuff cost me $44US. Can anyone suggest a course of action to resolve this apart from involving the credit card company or do Iwrite it off to experience. Regards, Meshuga.

Lú-tzé 18:00 02 Feb 2003

How about giving some info about the problem you are having and we may be able to help?

As for your problem with the supplier, I will not tell you to put it down to experience - US$44 means something different to everyone. Have you done a websearch for the supplier name? It may throw up some ideas about their reliability in these matters.

hgrock 18:05 02 Feb 2003

I supose you paid with your credit card?
if that is the case grt in touch with your cdedit card company, they will refund your money if the goods are faulty and it's their problem to get their $44

Meshuga 18:17 02 Feb 2003

To Lu`-tze`Thanks for your response.The download is InkSaver and that works but is preventing the
Epson status monitor3 function from working.
Uninstalling InkSaver allows the Epson function to work OK. Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 18:20 02 Feb 2003

Further to my last posting, The supplier was Digital River.Meshuga.

Lú-tzé 18:43 02 Feb 2003

I think that you will find it difficult to get your money back if InkSaver does in fact work - the fact that it may conflict with something else is probably mentioned in the acceptance conditions. By installing it you will have no comeback against the retailer.

How important is the status monitor to you? You will probably have to come to a decision on which you value most - InkSaver or the status monitor.

As for not getting the backup cd, how long ago did you order it? Sometimes such things can take months and it can be easier for the end user to burn a copy to CD.

Meshuga 18:59 02 Feb 2003

Many thanks to you Lu`tze` and to hgrock for your suggestions. I think I will keep the InkSaver prog. The ink levels show while actually printing
so that will do. It`s just that you can keep an eye on the levels without actually using the printer with status monitor. The disk was ordered 4 weeks ago so I`ll wait a bit longer. Thanks for taking the trouble to help. Meshuga.

Meshuga 18:59 02 Feb 2003

Many thanks to you Lu`tze` and to hgrock for your suggestions. I think I will keep the InkSaver prog. The ink levels show while actually printing
so that will do. It`s just that you can keep an eye on the levels without actually using the printer with status monitor. The disk was ordered 4 weeks ago so I`ll wait a bit longer. Thanks for taking the trouble to help. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?