Hot Topics

Unable to find ink levels on printer

ponytail 14:07 30 Jun 2020

My wife has a HP Deskjet 2540 series printer and she thinks it may be out of ink but I cannot anywhere to check the ink levels.There is not a screen on the printer so I thought to go into the printer properties but cannot find ink levels.She is now printing from mine as that is ok now but would love to check the ink levels on her printer.

alanrwood 14:33 30 Jun 2020

Usually the HP installation software installs a monitoring utility which does that. Install the latest version from HP website not the driver from MS which is only a portion of the software needed to print.

ponytail 15:14 30 Jun 2020

I have the software which came with the printer

alanrwood 15:25 30 Jun 2020

Try downloading the latest driver/software from this link.

click here

alanrwood 15:26 30 Jun 2020

Remember to pick the correct 32 or 64 bit version and the full driver not the basic one.

x13 16:45 30 Jun 2020
  martd7 21:09 01 Jul 2020

Ponytail

On the desktop click on START

Scroll through the Apps list until you get to H

Look for HP,not HP Smart

Click HP,choose HP Deskjet Series and the window will open and you can see the HP Printer Assistant which shows the Ink Levels along with other Print options

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)