unable to download pdf files

Carafaraday 14:43 15 May 2003

I am unable to download pdf files. Running Windows 98, McAfee Professional 7, and Zone Alarm (freeware). Any (simple) remedy appreciated.

Lú-tzé 14:50 15 May 2003

Try right clicking on the file name and choose save as.

Then use Acrobat Reader to view them - can be downloaded from adobe.com

If you are doing all this, then I am not sure what the problem may be - give more details of the symptoms of the problem.

MichelleC 15:39 15 May 2003

I had this on 1 pc. I uninstalled AR totally and reinstalled latest v. It took a few goes.

Pesala 15:48 15 May 2003

has some significant benefits over earlier versions. Line art looks very much better with smoothing turned on.

_Treb_ 16:06 15 May 2003

some pdf files are quite large and it appears that your pc has frozen, took me a while to realise that.

Carafaraday 16:49 15 May 2003

I have donwloaded the new Acrobat - but still noe luck. Treb is right - it does seem that the pc has frozen - but the file is only 1.3mb and I have waited for 10 minutes without success.

luvpup 16:54 15 May 2003

Where is the file, have you d/l to your machine or r u trying to read it from the web site. What OS r u running. What machine P4 etc? Just trying to get a better insight to your problem. How much RAM do you have?

fitshase 16:54 15 May 2003

Have you tried dowloading that file on another computer?

Post the link here and we'll tell you if it is a problem with the PDF.

Regards

Fitshase

Carafaraday 17:11 15 May 2003

Thanks everyone. I gave it one more try and lo and behold everything worked. Treb was right - everything just went dead for more than 10 minutes but it loaded eventually.

Thanks everyone.

_Treb_ 18:41 15 May 2003

Just waiting for broadband here in sunny Cornwall. Connected @ 48K at present. £ meg download takes about 20 mins.

_Treb_ 18:41 15 May 2003

£ = 3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?