Unable to Connect to Router

dregn 06:28 08 Aug 2005

I bought a Draytek Vigor 2600G router a couple of weeks ago and installed it without a problem. Now I am unable to connect to the router.
I think I may have changed a setting so when I use the Quick Start Wizard I get the message ' Autodetecting Routers' and the response- 'No Router Detected'. I am at a loss as to how to proceed.
I am connected via the ethernet port and am running Win XP Pro.
I have setup a new network connection to no avail - I think I may have omitted an important setting. I am new to networking.
I am due to be 'B/B enabled' today so I would like to solve this ASAP !
Advice much appreciated.

woodchip 09:26 08 Aug 2005

Go to System Restore do a restore if you can to just after you installed the Router

Taff36 09:41 08 Aug 2005

click here Post back if you have any questions but it looks easy to follow to me however the first time setting up a wirless router can be very tricky!

scotty 10:22 08 Aug 2005

Does the router have a way of resetting it to the factory defaults? This should get you back to the situation before you altered any settings.

vinnyT 11:48 08 Aug 2005

Silly Q? Have you changed any settings or upgraded your firewall recently?

Even if you have'nt, it's worth checking.

Technotiger 13:10 08 Aug 2005

Hi, my Router is the Linksys Wireless-B broadband router, diff to yours, but I am sure very similar in operation. This was also my first attempt at simple Home Router network, and while trying to add my compatible mobile phone to the network, I too screwed-up my settings which meant my second pc could not get on-line. I cured everything simply by physically going through the Router set-up again, without making any alterations to the given settings - I just clicked on Next-Next-Next etc and then found that it was all ok again.

Might work for you too.

Cheers.

dregn 07:42 09 Aug 2005

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.
I performed a 'factory reset' on the router( which incorporates its own modem )and reconfigured everything.
I paid particular attention to TCP/IP settings and I think this is where I had gone wrong previously.
Eureka ! The connection is fine - big relief.
Many thanks again - but see new post regarding unable to connect to ISP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)