Unable to close my Laptop

Anupsonowal 06:58 14 Nov 2018

The last I saw of my Laptop was my 5 year old son playing game on it. Next I found it in this state. I don't know what happened. Could someone please advise if it is repairable.

src

src

src

Anupsonowal 07:01 14 Nov 2018

The last I saw of my Laptop was my 5 year old son playing game on it. Next I found it in this state. I don't know what happened. Could someone please advise if it is repairable.

src

wee eddie 08:34 14 Nov 2018

I have no specific knowledge on this but I would be very surprised if a repair could not be done. It probably hit the floor.

If everything else is working, and you can't achieve it yourself, then go to a freelance repairer, but beware those that try to bump up the cost by adding "extras"

Govan1x 09:47 14 Nov 2018

Have you tried just clipping it back to gether,

Anupsonowal 10:46 14 Nov 2018

I tried clipping it back but get a feeling of pressure as if the cover will break. In fact I feel some screw kind of thing got broke at the laptop as I found some plastic dust on the table. Attaching the pic.

KimJohnsn 11:43 14 Nov 2018

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

Anupsonowal 13:52 14 Nov 2018

Yeah I have tried turning it on & off and it's working fine otherwise. Display is also ok. Only thing I can't close the lid. If I try closing the display, it gets bent as if about to break.

Thanks to you guys for the replies !!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:52 14 Nov 2018

Make and model? there is probably a youtube video which will show how to disassemble the screen

Anupsonowal 12:30 15 Nov 2018

It is SONY VAIO

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:06 15 Nov 2018
  Anupsonowal 15:20 15 Nov 2018

Thanks a lot buddy !

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch