Unable to change Program access in Zone Alarm

John B 09:25 09 Jul 2005

Real player has been blocked by Zone Alarm. I wish to add it to the trusted zone, but the 'Add to Zone' menu is greyed out (and the 'More Info' button too).

I am on the Alerts & Logs page (alert type: Program). None of the other alerts will permit me to change the zone, although some will allow 'More Info'

I used to be able to access the trusted zone menu, so can anyone suggest what's happened please?

Thanks

John

Pooke 10:00 09 Jul 2005

Can't you change it in "program control"? Just scroll down the lise to real player and change the x to a tick under the Access, Trusted column.

As for why those buttons are greyed out, I don't know.

Pooke

johnnyrocker 10:02 09 Jul 2005

i had a lot of trouble with za and eventually binned it and elected to use sygate, the only suggestion i can make if you wish to stay with za is to uninstall and reinstall because it appears to me to be compromised in some way.

johnny.

John B 11:03 09 Jul 2005

Pooke... I've changed the access in program control but the greyed out problem persists! Johnnyrocker, If all else fails I will uninstall & reintall.

Cheers

ACOLYTE 13:56 09 Jul 2005

I to used to use ZA and like johnnyrocker changed to sygate but not because ZA was a bad product in fact its a very good product but i couldnt work out the LAN connection settings and with sygate it was just one tick in a box and that suited me,lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?