Unable to access some sites, but can access others

martin_old 10:06 06 Jun 2007

Hi,

I have two or three sites which I just cannot gain access to, having inputted the correct usernames and passwords. A 'restricted access' screen appears, and no matter how many times I reinsert the information, I have no success. Eventually I get a '401 Authorisation Required' screen.

Can someone tell me which settings I need to change, because I'm sure that's all it is!

Thanks.

Marko797 10:53 06 Jun 2007

This might be something to do with access permissions in your firewall. I use Zone Alarm and at times have to let the prog know I want to access the site concerned..I just have to let it know or else it refuses.

martin_old 11:09 06 Jun 2007

Thanks. I don't use Zone Alarm, and can't see what settings on the Firewall are preventing me the access.

Any more ideas?

Jackcoms 11:53 06 Jun 2007

If using IE, go to Tools; Internet Options and ensure that the Security and Privacy settings are set as 'Default'.

martin_old 15:43 06 Jun 2007

No, that didn't work, still no access. This si the message I get, which just keeps returning, no matter how often I put in the correct username and password.

"The server click here at xxxx Members Area requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection)."

birdface 16:19 06 Jun 2007

googled.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?