Typing fractions as numbers

  cruiser2 16:29 15 Feb 2011

How can I type fractions such as one twelfth, three fourteenths, four sevenths, etc. where one number is above another number with a line in between.
These are shown as numbers on an old exam paper which I want to re-type so that I can print and email it.
Many thanks for any advice.

  Woolwell 16:33 15 Feb 2011

If using Word try inserting the symbols for the fraction you want.

  Salut 16:51 15 Feb 2011

Using MSWord, go to Insert-symbol-font = symbol.

If you rummage through the different style of symbols, you may find what you need.

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:57 15 Feb 2011

You have to use MS Equation Editor.
From "View" menu in MS Word, select "Toolbars" then "Customize".
In the window appeared, select "Commands" tab and in the "Categories" listbox click on "Insert" item; then in the "Commands" listbox, scroll down so that you see "Equation Editor".
Drag it and drop it on any place on a toolbar. Now close the "Customize" window and use the new tool. You might be asked to insert Office CD on first use.

or download it from MS click here

  GaT7 17:03 15 Feb 2011

Also see: 'Add equations with Microsoft Equation to your Office document' click here, which uses MS Equation Editor (what FB posted about) & may be helpful. G

  cruiser2 17:43 16 Feb 2011

Thank you for your replies.
Have managed to find a solution.
I use Office Org.
I go to "View" then Formula Elements"
This opens a small window with differenf formula including the one I want as a small box. I then insert the numbers I want.
Will try it on the exam paper I want to re-type

  uk-wizard 18:01 16 Feb 2011

Waste of time - kids wont understand 'real' numbers. *grin*

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?