Two printers are not working

ponytail 10:57 08 Feb 2019
Answered

My wife has just tried to print a document on her HP Printer and she gets the message no air printer found. She then sent me a email with the document attached for me to print it on my Brother printer and it will not print either.I tried to print something else on my printer and that did not print either both items are in the print queue in both printers.The Printers are Brother DCP-J315W and the other printer is a HP Deskjet 2540 all in one printer and they are both operated wirelessly.Any advise would be appreciated.Thanks

howard64 11:33 08 Feb 2019

it sounds as if the printer has been turned off in the router. You should be able to go to your router and see if the printer is showing in the details. Look on the router for it's details. Often 192.168.1.1 and then you have to enter the name and password.

ponytail 11:45 08 Feb 2019

Thanks howard I have just done the following Set up Wizard Plusnet-XTGT 2c4be9ec35 Wireless Password Key Ok Apply Settings Connecting to WLAN Connected ok But still does not print

john bunyan 11:47 08 Feb 2019

Unwise to openly disclose your WAP key.

ponytail 12:04 08 Feb 2019

Thanks for never realised just spending hours here trying to sort out two printers and getting nowhere.

ponytail 12:33 08 Feb 2019

The Brother printer is printing now so just have to sort out the HP one

ponytail 12:48 08 Feb 2019
Answer

I have now got the HP printer working but thanks for the replies.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

The Best 404 Page Designs: from delightful illustrations to time-wasting games

Powerbeats Pro review

Que faire si le son de votre Mac ne fonctionne plus ?