Two Favorites folders?

collinsc 12:58 27 Dec 2011

Hi I'm trying to locate my favorites folder.

I am using vista. I have gone to the c drive>users>favorites (i am the only user) however the favorites in there appear to be folders which i have previously deleted from the web browser - and some folders which dont appear which i have added to the vista web browser.

might there be another favorites folder somewhere!?

thanks

northumbria61 13:37 27 Dec 2011

Do a search from your Start Menu - that should bring up any your Favourites Folders that are on your PC.

collinsc 13:46 27 Dec 2011

thanks - i did think of that, tried and no luck yet.

northumbria61 14:01 27 Dec 2011

Try looking in My Documents

collinsc 16:42 27 Dec 2011

i use both chrome and occasionally IE. The favorites i am concerned about are the ones on chrome.

not in 'my documents' - hmm different location eh, where might that be? searching for a folder name or a favorite name has not located them...

collinsc 16:52 27 Dec 2011

i use both chrome and occasionally IE. The favorites i am concerned about are the ones on chrome.

not in 'my documents' - hmm different location eh, where might that be? searching for a folder name or a favorite name has not located them...

northumbria61 17:01 27 Dec 2011

Try pressing Ctrl+Shift+B to show the 'bookmark manager' (which is a window that shows ALL your bookmarks, imported and otherwise). Works in Win 7 but not sure about Vista.

northumbria61 17:04 27 Dec 2011

Should have added that Favourites in Chrome are know as Bookmarks enter link description here

collinsc 17:35 27 Dec 2011

woolwell- i want to just copy them and then import them to a new laptop. ive found the folder you mention, however cant see a folder specifically for 'bookmarks' that i could copy.

you are right i have copied IE favorites, so i want to find the folder with the bookmarks.

the folder you mention has other folder like :cache, databases, extensions, local storage and many others! what do i need to copy over to my new laptop?

collinsc 18:19 27 Dec 2011

thanks, ill give it a go

collinsc 18:54 27 Dec 2011

when i select bookmarks>import bookmarks and settings it give me only the option "microsoft internet explorer" or "google toolbar" - i see no option for me to select the HTML file...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

Julian Glander recreates your art school experience in quirky video game Art Sqool

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

TV & streaming : comment regarder la Ligue des Champions 2018-2019 ?