Two different Address Books

SKODANUT 14:50 19 Feb 2008

My ISP is Tiscali- Windows XP Home. They recommended an improved layout for OE, which looks good but I now have two Address Books and if I click OE on the start menu I get a different layout than clicking 'Mail' on Tiscali homepage. I think I should go back to OE as loaded on purchase ( Evesham PC) Any suggestions please? Oi be very much absobeginner!

Technotiger 16:02 19 Feb 2008

You could try a System Restore back to before you accepted the 'improved' OE.

Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore follow the on-screen prompts and make sure you choose a restore date shown in Bold print!

SKODANUT 16:32 19 Feb 2008

Have tried System Restore around the approximate date, no change. PCA archives advice dated 27/12/07 offere a manual amalgomation of 2 address books - will give that a try later on.

MAny thanks - SKODANUT

Technotiger 16:37 19 Feb 2008

OK. thanks for the feedback.

SKODANUT 18:12 20 Feb 2008

Tried the Export/Import procedure recommended, eventually manually transferred addresses from OE to Tiscali and created a Group of 15 to send an urgent email tonight. New problem now, Tiscali's FAQ says (19/2/06)"click the green address book icon to left of the address field for
tTO, CC or Bcc. My screen doesn't have a green icon, the Groups stay firmly at home. Are there any Tiscali users out there that can help?

SKODANUT 19:28 20 Feb 2008

Belay the Last Pipe me hearties!!! There baint no green icons but I've fandangled how to do it and it works a treat. Oi warned Oi was thick.! Thanks a bunch lads (or lasses)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)