TV Out

  Dazwm 18:38 26 May 2003

I have tv out on my computer but the lead that was provided will not connect to the TV anywhere. What do I do and where do I plug it in on the TV?

  Ironman556 19:00 26 May 2003

What output is on the end of the lead? If you've got an old TV you may need a converter to RF type plug (the type the aerial uses).

  Dazwm 19:03 26 May 2003

It has five pins similar to a mouse connection and my tele is reasonably new (1-2 years old).

  Ironman556 22:26 26 May 2003

Some cards have outputs and inputs. Does the 5 pin end connect anywhere on the graphics card, and enable you to connect the other end to the TV?

(Sorry for the delayed response)

  MikeB. 23:02 26 May 2003

The lead you have is an S-Vhs (sometimes called s-video) lead if it has the 5 pin on both ends then you need an adaptor to scart, probably best to buy a complete s-vhs to scart lead.

Then you will need to find out which of your tv's scarts can accept s-vhs quite often it's AV2.

Sometimes the tv's Av button will directly select it ie AV2-S, other times it's in a menu, occasionally as long as your using the correct socket it's automatic.

Hope this helps.

  [email protected] 01:49 27 May 2003

Has the lead got the S-Vhs lead on both ends?

Mine didn`t and I had to buy a converter for it to fit the S-Vhs input I had on my telly (check if your TV has a S-Vhs input).

P.S. In the end I found it was probably more trouble than it was worth, never use it.

If its to play DVD`s then I would reccomend getting a cheap stand alone DVD player `cos the quality will be much better and probably wont cost a huge amount more than the leads you need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?