TV cards to watch Sky digital...

Noelg23 19:17 01 Apr 2005

can anyone please advise me which is the best TV card to get in order for me to watch Sky digital through my PC and not just the freeview channels...I have had a look at the Hauppauge site and they have what I am looking for but I need to know how much they are and if anyone else has used them and what your opinions were...thank you...

Graham ® 19:26 01 Apr 2005

Bear in mind that the Sky box will have at least one analogue (aerial) output which any TV card can be tuned to. One of them will have Remote Control facility.

Noelg23 19:53 01 Apr 2005

so wot your saying is I may not need a digital TV card and I can use the aerial port instead of a scart lead? but then a PC TV card doesnt have a scart lead anyway...

Technotiger 20:05 01 Apr 2005

You might find this interesting, though not much of a tv watcher myself.

click here

Cheers.

woodchip 20:19 01 Apr 2005

You cannot get Sky without Scart Socket. The new Computer at Aldi a Medion as one a P4 3.2gz 3200 Gb hard drive Digital TV an all the bells and Whistles £750

Graham ® 20:43 01 Apr 2005

My Sky box has 2 Scart outputs and 2 analogue outputs of the Sky channels. There are also the analogue terrestrial aerial in/out sockets.

So you do not need a digital card if you have a Sky box.

Graham ® 20:43 01 Apr 2005

My Sky box has 2 Scart outputs and 2 analogue outputs of the Sky channels. There are also the analogue terrestrial aerial in/out sockets.

So you do not need a digital card if you have a Sky box.

BRYNIT 22:00 01 Apr 2005

A sky digi box has RF (aerial) In and Rf out so people could watch terrestrial TV whilst recording sky. The terrestrial aerial connects to RF in, the RF out connect to Video or TV/TV card.

When I used to install sky Digital a few years ago I instaled sky to TV's,video recorders and computer that did not have a scart connection.

Any TV card will do to receive a signal from a sky Digi box, all you need to do is tune the sky box in like it was a TV channel.

Noelg23 16:31 11 Apr 2005

well guess what guys...I have now got Sky digital installed on my PC via a Win TV card...using the RF connector...it was a challenge for the sky man...he had to throw the cable over the roof to get to my room which is at the front of the house and the dish went in the back and would have had to come thru my flatmates room but I think he wouldnt have liked that...but once it was installed I was able to tune it into my TV card via the RF connector and hey presto...sky is now up an running...so no need for a SCART lead at all..

Graham ® 17:20 11 Apr 2005

There yer go!

Graham ® 17:22 11 Apr 2005

Have you got remote control of Sky?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?