Trying to use dual monitors

Alex Elliott 16:15 07 Feb 2017
Answered

Hello. I have two monitors. One which is DVI, my latest PC and monitor connected like that. I have another monitor which I want to use for dual monitors. It has a VGA port and only a VGA port as an old monitor. If I plug it in using a cable splitter - so VGA to HDMI which plugs into the PC will this work as a dual monitor? Thanks.

Also, which sides do I need to have the monitors on?

difarn 16:34 07 Feb 2017
Answer

I have successfully used that set up with no problems. You have to decide whether you want just to extend the desk top across two monitors and thereby giving you the opportunity of having different things on each monitor, or mirroring the image.

If you choose to extend the desktop then you will need to choose which pc is the primary monitor - I put mine on the left as it was easier for me to be able to move the mouse pointer from right to left across both screens but the choice is yours.

Alex Elliott 16:36 07 Feb 2017

Thank you @difarn. Means a lot. Yeah I want to extend it. I have bought a splitter so hopefully it will work tomorrow. Cheers!

difarn 21:21 07 Feb 2017

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?