Trying to connect IR printer to Samsung Tab 3 7.0

Boustons 01:03 04 Jan 2017

Hello all!

First off, I'm not super tech savvy. So if you have a reply, please explain in layman's terms.

I have a Samsung Tab 3 7.0 and a SiPix Pocket Printer A6. Does anyone know of a way to use the infrared capabilities of the tablet to connect to this printer? I'm not sure what info you'd need from me, so if you need more details, ask away!

Thank you!

Forum Editor 07:17 04 Jan 2017
  Boustons 00:08 06 Jan 2017

Thank you both! I figured it was a no-go, but it seemed like such a cheap, simple solution to on-the-go printing in the field. I'll probably buy a Brother Pocketjet printer. They have bluetooth capabilities and seem perfect for what I'm looking for, was just hoping to not have to spend that much...I'm sure it'll be worth it though as it will get a lot of use!

Thanks again for y'all's prompt response!

wee eddie 01:48 06 Jan 2017

Can you not download what you want to print to a PC and then use a normal printer?

Maymeris 02:29 06 Jan 2017

ขอบคุณสำหรับการแบ่งปัน คุณสามารถเข้าร่วม Lite Facebook เพื่อติดต่อฉัน

Boustons 18:14 06 Jan 2017

Can you not download what you want to print to a PC and then use a normal printer?

Yes, but I'm essentially needing to print a large receipt (letter size is preferable but the SiPix paper was at least larger than 58mm receipts) for work on location. Hence the need for a portable printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple