trying to clean up hard drive

Spr 10:11 17 Nov 2018

My MSI computer is asking to free space. I have tried twice to clean up my “C drive” by going to Disk clean-up it does not seem to work, the files are still there. Temporary internet files 7.23mb. Delivery optimisation files 1.27cb. Temporary files 996kb. Every time I clean up my hard drive these files are still shown. How can I get rid of them

hastelloy 10:18 17 Nov 2018

Try using CCleaner.

BRYNIT 10:34 17 Nov 2018

Temporary internet files 7.23mb. Delivery optimisation files 1.27cb. Temporary files 996kb. Every time I clean up my hard drive these files are still shown. How can I get rid of them these will always reappear. You do not say how big you HDD is and how much space is left on the drive. A little more information would help.

john bunyan 18:58 17 Nov 2018

1. You don't have a Windows.Old folder, do you. How many restore points do you have? Clear all but the latest 2 via CCleaner, Tools, System Restore.

rdave13 19:05 17 Nov 2018

I dislike Ccleaner but that's a personal opinion. Check 'this PC' to see how full your drive is. If you have a lot of data such as Music or Photos etc., consider moving them to an external drive to free up space.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel Slate review

Brian Cox-branded beer brings Big Bang beauty to bottles

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment jouer à des jeux de PS2 et PS3 sur PS4 ?