True Image V9

Pine Man 14:22 23 Feb 2006

I recently ditched Ghost for TI9 and thought I ought to test it out.

My OS (XP SP2) is on an 80GB drive, which I saved to a different drive as an image file and then attempted to restore it to a 120GB drive. I didn't trust it enough to restore it to the original drive!

It worked well and everything appeared to work perfectly apart from NIS 2006 which needed re-activating. XP transferred across seamlessly and DIDN,T need activating even though it was on a different drive.

The reason for this thread is that even though I had restored the contents of an 80GB drive to a 120GB drive the 120GB drive showed up afterwards as an 80GB drive!

Has anybody else restored an image file to a larger, or smaller drive than it originated from and does anybody know how to get back my missing 40GB?

ventanas 15:00 23 Feb 2006

Probably because it images the entire partition, and that's what its copied back. Have a look in Disc Managment and see if there is any unallocated space. It might just need a drive letter allocating.

When restoring an image there are a number of options available, one of which is the partition size you are restoring to. Part of the restore wizard is an option to resize a partition, just by dragging its borders. Doing this should have left you with a separate partiton for the lost 40gb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?