Trovi.com and Firefox

RISC OS user 12:28 25 May 2014
Answered

Since updating to the latest Firefox 29.0.1 I have an annoying URL appearing each time I click the New Tab button, where as before it gave a blank page now it get a "Results by Bing" and a search box, but also the following URL "www.trovi.com/?gd=&ctid=CT3324790&octid=EBORIGINALCTID&ISID=M7F74BA97-5447-42F2-8F45-284FF9029231&SearchSource=69&CUI=&SSPV=&Lay=1&UM=5&UP=SP38CEA5E3-4777-45AC-B5B3-2712604DD69A" I do not want the Bing search page in the New Tab and I do not want the URL or anything connected with it. How do I get rid of both, they do not appear in the Control Panel "Programs and Features". Also what is Trovi.com?

mole1944 13:00 25 May 2014

download malwarebyte and update then run it hopefully that should dispose of it,no guarantee. Doing reinstall of a lady lady's lapi and it got onto chrome and no i have no idea how it got there either.

RISC OS user 17:26 26 May 2014
Answer

Thanks for the information. I have installed AdwCleaner and it appears to work very well, it cleared my problem mentioned above and lots of other items in the registry. However, there seem to be a lot of other programmes which are down loaded at the same time. One if which is picked up by ZoneAlarm as a Virus and it "treated". Other seem to get through, but I think I have removed these manually. For what appears to be a very good programme it is a great pity that other unwanted programmes are packaged with it. Any comments?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France