trouble with my integrated graphics

thomas.cumiskey 10:27 05 Feb 2018
Answered

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of sending my graphics card back to the manufacturer as there is a fault but I haven't been able to enable my integrated graphics on my board. I have taken the graphics card out of my pc and tried to hook it up to my monitor(HDMI) and nothing comes up on the screen. my motherboard is gigbabyte z97p-d3.

any help would be appreciated so I can continue to somewhat use my pc whilst my card is being repaired/replaced.

ps I've already tried uninstalling my graphics card.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:42 05 Feb 2018

You may need to look in the BIOS to enable the nboard graphics.

thomas.cumiskey 10:55 05 Feb 2018

I went into my bios the only option I could see relating to integrated graphics was an option to whether the PC should start up in integrated graphics mode or PCI slot. I chose integrated but still it uses the monitor connected to my graphics card rather than the HDMI connected to my MBoard.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:44 05 Feb 2018

BIOS will always default to the installed card if fitted.

As long as you saved and exited out of BIOS after setting the onboard graphics (F10), if you now remove the card and connect the monitor to the motherboard it should work.

thomas.cumiskey 11:57 05 Feb 2018

so ive followed your instructions(also went back into bios just to make sure) uninstalled my graphics card and turned my pc back on. my pc booted up but nothing is shown on my screen. my monitor doesnt recognise anything is there.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:56 05 Feb 2018

Have you physically removed the card?

thomas.cumiskey 13:18 05 Feb 2018

yes the graphics card is physically removed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:06 05 Feb 2018

Does the tick mean you have got it t work ?

if not please untick the above answer as no one will look at the post thinking it has been solved.

thomas.cumiskey 14:35 05 Feb 2018
Answer

i havent got it to work yet.sorry i just dont know how to untick it im on my mobile and i try to say this answer isnt an answer but it wont untick the thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)