Trojan - help please

caveman38 12:52 07 Sep 2008

I had a problem on my sons laptop with spyware / malware after he DL a film. I used the software Malwarebytes , Rogueremover and CCleaner and did a purge of my own of entries in the registry.
All seemed well for 24 hours but on reconnecting to the internet he is prompted with a pop-up saying he has "Trojan-Spy. Win32. GreenScreen"
Is this malicious as it says or is it a scam to subscribe to a software removal site where you have to pay.
Can you please advise also how to remove this trojan please.

birdface 13:15 07 Sep 2008

Maybe try here I have not used this before so do not know if it works or not.But probably worth a try.

Press Man 13:43 07 Sep 2008

Download and try this its free. click here

caveman38 17:25 07 Sep 2008

I have now run Malware, Superantispyware and Avast AV, created a new restore point and deleted previous ones. Also I have run CCleaner and regedited entries of the Spyware.
However I am getting popups of the following:

What more can I do please.

ICF 17:27 07 Sep 2008

Have you tried running these programs in safe mode?

caveman38 17:38 07 Sep 2008

Unfortunately the laptop is a company one which he does not have the administrative rights or the password in safe mode.

ICF 17:40 07 Sep 2008

Turn off system restore then do the scan

ICF 17:44 07 Sep 2008
  mfletch 17:55 07 Sep 2008

Hi the only program I can think of that may help you without using specialized programs is Drwebcureit click here

Sea Urchin 18:01 07 Sep 2008

Did you try the GreenScreen removal tool in buteman's link above? It looks a good bet.

caveman38 18:07 07 Sep 2008

He did try that kit but it did not show up. I think the only thing I can try is to get around the admin. rights and run in safe mode. Anyone know how or should I google?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?