travel screensaver (little plane)

Carafaraday 17:22 20 Jul 2004

My old windows 98 pc had a screensaver called 'travel' which featured an old fashioned plane flying about. Does anyone know of any where I can download this from and get it to run with Windows XP?

Carafaraday 19:22 20 Jul 2004

Quite right - it was. I though I might be able to go to Microsoft site and download a version for XP but doesn't look like it. Anyone have any ideas ............?

Graham ® 19:28 20 Jul 2004

click here enjoy

Carafaraday 19:49 20 Jul 2004

Thanks.

Graham ® 20:50 20 Jul 2004

Note that you may have to download Visual Basic from the link on the download 'screensaver doesn't work'.

[email protected] 21:06 20 Jul 2004

Make sure you read ALL the small print before you install and use it.

[email protected] 21:41 20 Jul 2004

I have the very same running on my older PC (WinMe). If someone can direct me to the file I would be happy to send to Carafaraday if possible.

Carafaraday 22:33 20 Jul 2004

Sounds ominous - what is hidden in the small print?

Carafaraday 08:25 21 Jul 2004

I do still have original win98 cd and tried to find any .scr files on it with no luck - am I doing something very wrong? I thought they might be compressed or something (actually I don't really know much about it as you may have gathered!).

[email protected] 09:02 21 Jul 2004

Hi Carafaday.
Read this forum every day see how many people beg to remove unwanted Advertising rubbish. Read also periodically the advice to Read the UELA's carefully. Didn't mean to scare you and in this case perhaps everything is OK for you. Just advising to read carefully about what you install on your PC.
Please accept in the spirit given, just trying to help.
QUOTE...
[a]
From the Licence Agreement...
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. Agreeing with the eUniverse License and installing the Power Search Toolbar for Internet Explorer, your startpage will be modified to include SearchNugget.com . Installing this screen saver will install eUniverse's Incredifind software.
LICENSE AGREEMENT AND PRIVACY STATEMENT

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING AND USING SAVENOW (THE "SOFTWARE") PROVIDED BY WHENU.COM, INC. ("WHENU.COM"). USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT (THE "LICENSE AGREEMENT"). BY INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE YOU INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. WHENU.COM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT AND PRIVACY STATEMENT AT ANY TIME.

Functionality

SaveNow shows you relevant coupon offers, contextual information and services as you surf the Web. SaveNow attempts to display offers at the moment when they are most relevant to you. Offers and information are displayed in the form of interstitials ("pop-up ads") and various other ad formats.

The SaveNow software selects which ads and offers to display to individual users based on several factors, including: URLs associated with web pages visited by the user, search terms typed by the user into search engines and the HTML content of the web pages viewed by the user. SaveNow ads and offers are delivered in a separate, independent window controlled by WhenU.com, are not endorsed or affiliated with anyone other than WhenU.com and may in fact be competitive with some of the sites visited by the user while online.
[b] From the Setup Wizard
SaveNow enables users to receive advertising-supported versions of many popular software applications for free.
UNQUOTE...
You takes yer chance, Regards.

Carafaraday 11:57 21 Jul 2004

Thank you, Wotbus. I appreciate the warning - I don't think I'll go there!

Canrad - I have managed to locate the file on the old hard drive and have copied it to cd - unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with XP - the screen just goes dark!

Think i may just have to live without it..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)