Transparency scanning

AylesburyGal 17:22 09 Feb 2010

I've got an Epson Perfection 3490 flatbed scanner which I thought would do transparencies as well as docs. But I can't crack it. There are obviously gadgets out there that quickly scan 35mm tranparencies on to the hard drive so that I can then burn to disk - but I don't have a clue as to what to get. Help please

james105051 17:40 09 Feb 2010
  Woolwell 17:57 09 Feb 2010

What is your operating system? The Epson should be able to scan slides.
The on-line manual click here gives instructions and there is a solving problems section that deals with slides.
You can also download the manual and print it off if you wish.

Woolwell 17:58 09 Feb 2010

Should have added that I found Epson scanners to be one of the best ways to scan slides.

eedcam 18:36 09 Feb 2010

When you do scan remeber to scan at as high a res asyoucan around the 2000 marks if you wnt to make reasonable sized prints

Technotiger 18:48 09 Feb 2010

I also have the Epson 3490, no problem scanning slides and 35mm Negatives - producing prints as good as or even better than the original pics.

You need to remove the white face-place, the slide/film holder will then be exposed. Oped the lid, then slide the White face-plate upwards about quarter of an inch, it will then detach from inside the lid.

Technotiger 18:51 09 Feb 2010

PS - meant to add, you then use the slide/film holder provided with the scanner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?