Hot Topics

Transferring work from Windows 7 to memory stick

geek84 07:17 25 Jan 2020

Good Morning folks

Can someone kindly advise the most efficient way to transfer my saved work (documents in Word and Excel files) stored on my desktop (which runs on Windows 7 Hoome Premium) to a mwmory stick?

For example, do I have to transfer each document individually or is there a more efficient way of doing this?

Thank You

wee eddie 07:30 25 Jan 2020

Plug the Stick in, then Copy & Paste. You can do whole Folders this way.

However, don't delete the originals until you have confirmed that the transfer was successful.

Alternatively, take the old Hard Drive out and put it in and empty Enclosure.

geek84 18:57 25 Jan 2020

Thanks folks

john bunyan 08:28 26 Jan 2020

I have all my self generated stuff like music, word, pictures, .pdf!s etc grouped under a master folder “ Data” and regularly use Freefilesynch to keep identical folders on two usb HD’s as there is over 129 gig of data. One of these is kept well remote from the desktop in case of fire. In your case you could do the same but have you enough space on one stick? I believe portable hd!s are more reliable and would have 2 if you keep to a stick

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Can you see the bottle in this Coke ad?

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs drones pas chers (2020)