transferring digital video camera to pc

  jjtribute 12:53 30 Dec 2003

i have just bought a jvc gr-d31 digital video camera,basically i need to know what equipment i need to transfer video,pics to pc please,as i dont trust the shops as they can rip you off!!!can someone get me started please,i have no leads to connect me to pc so im starting from scratch,thanx everyone chris

  SpyMan²°°­­³ {:o)){--< 13:07 30 Dec 2003

Basically, all you need (as far as i am aware)is a firewire port, which is pretty much like a USB card that fits into the PCI sockets. The camera you came with will have come with a cable that will connect your camera to the firewire port.

Most operating systems, especially windows XP, will automatically start the software you need to transfer data when you connect your camera and switch it on, or it will give you options of which software to use.

Hope this has been of help.

Just to some need:

1) Firewire port (approx £15-30 from PCWorld)

2) Camera to firewire cable (should have been supplied

3) A PC...hee hee


Graham Taylor

  christmascracker 13:58 30 Dec 2003

For all things DV these sites are really good

click here

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Moto G6 review: Hands-on

The best smart speaker: Apple HomePod vs Google Home vs Amazon Echo

Les meilleurs jeux gratuits pour Mac (2018)