Transferring bush free view hard drive

Jacquieuk 14:59 14 Jan 2019

My bush free box has broken , it tells me I need to reformat but then says reformat has failed . I have a spare box, exactly the same model. If I transfer my hard drive from the broken one to the spare one , will my recordings be transferred ?

MJS WARLORD 15:44 14 Jan 2019

drive will have your recordings for the other machine but you may not see them in the recorded programs menu as they were not made on the machine your going to put the drive in

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:57 14 Jan 2019

Drives are often encrypted to the machine

and if you have tried to reformat then the files are probably gone

same as if the HDD is dead and therefore giving you the message.

Maybe worth opening up and checking the connections. Try it in the other machine and see if you get the same message

you could also try connecting the drive to a PC and run chkdsk on it. Tt is probably formatted with a linux file system such as ext2 or ext3 so you may need a partition manage such as easus to be able to see the drive.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Anthem review-in-progress

Illustrator and children's author Owen Davey on maintaining success with his animal and art mastery

WWDC 2019: Dates, what to expect, and how to get tickets

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans