Transferred files and now have 2 blue arrows

Nisanth Mahalingam 23:02 09 May 2019

I had transferred photos and videos from my phone to my laptop and they were replaced by fewer folders that don't open or run anything but are with the 2 blue arrows in the top right corner. I don't know how to get back my pictures and videos and need help with the steps to get them back. They are very important to me.I had selected everything and then cut and pasted my phones DCIM/camera folder(the folder where all the photos from my gallery go) to a new folder on my laptop.

Phone:

Samsung S8

Laptop info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Model Surface Pro System Type x64-based PC System SKU SurfacePro1796 Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2496 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4

Thank you and help as soon as possible will be greatly appreciated.

hastelloy 08:24 10 May 2019

I don't know how to retrieve your photos but, for future reference, always copy and paste. Then you still have the originals if anything goes wrong. If all is well you can then delete them.

wiganken2 14:46 10 May 2019

Can you not try copying and paste them back from your laptop to your camera? I know there are fewer folders but your phone may recognise the format (the two blue arrows) and recreate the missing folders. Worth a try. It can't hurt to try can it?

KEITH 1955 17:23 10 May 2019

do you by any chance use Norton 360 antivirus , if yes then go into the menu settings of Norton and turn of back up.

the blue arrows on items is Norton telling you that these items have not been backed up.

don't know if other av programs do this.

lotvic 01:19 11 May 2019

Two small blue arrows on the top right corner of the icon indicate a compressed file or folder.

lotvic 01:27 11 May 2019

To clarify, Windows is likely to compress files if disk is running low on space.

How much free space does your hard drive have left?

more info tenforums.com/tutorials clickhere

lotvic 01:32 11 May 2019

How to Compress or Uncompress Files and Folders in Windows 10 ClickHere

KEITH 1955 11:31 11 May 2019

Hi lotvic , I did not know it indicated compressed files or folders but the answer I gave is also correct because I had what I described happen to me a few years ago before I stopped using Norton 360 I now use Kaspersky paid for version.

lotvic 12:26 11 May 2019

KEITH 1955, I believe you will find that Norton uses a blue square with 2 white chevons in the bottom left corner
click here

lotvic 12:30 11 May 2019

yes, typo, I missed out the r in chevrons... ;)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

Chiara Luber brings vintage postcards to life in her summery ode to Hepburn and romance

Powerbeats Pro review

Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 4 : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique