Transfer folders contents from Hotmail to Outlook

iscanut 16:28 15 Feb 2017
Answered

I am going to close down my old Hotmail account as getting far too much spam and have opened a new Outlook account. Is there a way to transfer some of my folders from old to new without going through each one and mailing the saved enmails to my new Outlook account ?

difarn 17:18 15 Feb 2017

This article explains the various steps to migrate contacts and mail from Windows Live to Outlook. Under the heading of migrate mail you will see that item 5 says "select which folders you would like to export to Outlook" - whether it keeps all of the e-mails in the folders I don't know.

click here

iscanut 22:03 15 Feb 2017

Thanks difarn, I will try that and let you know how it goes in due course.

iscanut 11:59 16 Feb 2017

Have had a look at these notes but I do not use or have Outlook installed on my pc. I just use Hotmail and now outlook.com as my email clients so I do not see how to do this. I will just have a look at my folders and either print off or email what I want to keep. Thanks for trying to help.

difarn 16:11 16 Feb 2017

I'm sorry I do not understand. In your initial post you said that you had opened a new Outlook account.

iscanut 16:47 16 Feb 2017

A new email [email protected] in place of my old [email protected] Thanks anyway.

difarn 17:20 17 Feb 2017

I'm not sure that you can export folders from your hotmail account to your newly created Outlook one. I think you could have kept all of the folders had you just changed your hotmail account to Outlook and opted to have a new Outlook address.

I moved from Hotmail to Outlook but opted to keep my Hotmail address and all of my folders and e mails were intact.

click here it still be worth doing this if possible?

Might

iscanut 20:04 18 Feb 2017
Answer

Thanks, but I will just print off those I need to keep, email some of them to my new hotmail address and then close down the old address as I am getting dozens of spam a day now and cant be bothered with it. Thanks for your responses.

difarn 20:45 18 Feb 2017

No problem. Have you considered opening another Outlook address and going thrugh the process of changing your hotmail account - if this is allowed? That way your hotmail account would cease to be, your files will be in tact and you will have two e-mail addresses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs