Transfer Documents from C to D drive

tonyq 11:40 13 Dec 2012

I have just bought a Laptop windows 7.I have 2 partitions on the HDD C and D drive. I would like to move the photos music ect from the "C" drive to the "D" drive. I am not sure which folders to move,do I move the "Users" folder or Individual folders music photos ect,and which is the best way to move them.

tonyq 12:39 13 Dec 2012

Am I ok to move the "Users" folder which contains the others pictures music ect.

tonyq 13:56 13 Dec 2012

Chronos the 2nd

When I open Windows Explorer and click on "C" drive,the top picture is what I see. The middle picture is when I clicked on Tony (My name). The bottom picture is the contents of Tony folder. So back to the posting you had trouble with. Should I transfer the "Users" folder with all its contents,the Tony folder with its contents,or am I better transferring individual folders as in the bottom picture.Your advice please.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/anthonyq/UserFolder.jpg

tonyq 14:03 13 Dec 2012

Mine is at the moment!

tonyq 17:53 13 Dec 2012

Just got round to moving folders to D drive. When I right click properties I don't get the option of "Location" see below. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/anthonyq/DocumentsProperties.jpg

tonyq 18:04 13 Dec 2012

Finally got the folder moved,I had to go into "Users" then Documents. Only trouble is, it shows up as a shortcut, showing a shortcut icon with the words RecentPlaces

tonyq 15:02 14 Dec 2012

Chronos the 2nd,thank you for the pictures,and thank you all for your help. Hopefully I have finally managed to move the folders,I'm not sure but I may not have been clicking the Accept button. I will now try to load my files from my old laptop into the new folders on my "D" drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 3 review

Automatically create thousands of unique variations from one original design with this free…

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Comment utiliser WhatsApp sur son iPad ?