Transfer dialup + e-mail settings

steved 12:22 16 Apr 2003

Hi all,
I've recently upgraded by PC from win98 to XP (on the same PC but new hard drive), but forgot to make a note of my ISP dialup username/password and e-mail settings. I have the drive with my old win98 files installed as a slave; how can I extract/copy over the settings?

Many thanks!

steved 17:50 17 Apr 2003

Any ideas anybody?

stevejd

anchor 12:52 18 Apr 2003

Yes, I would be interested too.

I have them written down, but it would be handy to have some easy way to re-install them after a reformat.

powerless 12:59 18 Apr 2003

For Email...

Outlook Express > Tools > Accounts... > Select the account > Export > Save it to a floppy.

Then on the new computer as above but choose "Import" locate the file on the floppy disc and your settings will be with you on your new computer.

ISP dial up settings open up a text document and copy and paste your username and telephone number to the document and save it onto the floppy.

The password you will have to do manually as it will be protected.

steved 20:34 18 Apr 2003

Excellent - thanks (although I'd actually missed the obvious way of doing it - just booted into the old win98 drive instead! D'oh!

steved 20:34 18 Apr 2003

Excellent - thanks (although I'd actually missed the obvious way of doing it - just booted into the old win98 drive instead! D'oh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

6 great UX design talks you can watch online

How to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 or iOS 10

Musique de Noël : les meilleures chansons en streaming