Tracking My Housemates Ilegal Downloads

suburban train 14:52 07 Sep 2008

Hi All,

I think i may have abit of a problem with house mates downloading music & films using p2p apps such as torrents and limewire.

I have heard that some people have started to receive letters from their ISPs warning them about these downloads.

As the broadband is in my name I have spoken with them and asked them if they are downloading to stop and should they wish to download they can get their internet through a wireless usb dongle which they are responsible for we cancel the broadband they have it in their names.

Without inspecting their computers I cant prove if they are still downloading or not.

Is there a way through my router thats logs downloads or is there a port or something which i can use to block this?

Any help I will be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Sheik Yerbouti 15:11 07 Sep 2008

click here

you can block incoming and outgoing connections on the TCP ports the bit torrent clients use.

Taff™ 07:48 08 Sep 2008

Some ISP`s provide the facility to log in to your Account on the web and check your usage. This can be quite detailed and will give you an idea of how much useage your connection is against your contract download limit. Depending who the ISP is it may even give you a breakdown by time of day. This should give you an idea of whether you should be concerned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?