If its got to safemode / windows scrolling then its not dead just corrupt windows files.
If windows 7 / 8 you need to do a Startup repair.
How you access the repair options will depend upon whether you have a Windows installation disk or whether your operating system came pre-installed by your PC manufacturer.
If no repair options are available your PC manufacturer may have replaced the tools or customised them. Check your Computer Manual before proceeding as another key may be needed to access the Repair/recovery options.
Start your PC
If your PC has one operating system Press and Hold the F8 key as your PC starts. If the Windows Logo appear you will need to start again
If you have a dual boot system a Boot option menu will appear. Highlight the Windows operating system and Press the F8 key
An Advanced Tools menu options screen will now appear
Highlight the repair Your Computer option and Press Enter
Select a keyboard layout, and then Click the Next button
Next select your user Name and Enter your Password, then Click OK
The recovery options should now appear
Windows Installation Disk
Make sure your PC is set to boot directly from the Windows DVD, most modern PCs are set this way. With older machines you may need to check the PC's BIOS
Start the PC
Immediately insert the Windows DVD into the DVD drive
A Black screen will appear with the words 'Press any key to boot from CD or DVD', Press Any key to start the booting process
The 'Windows is loading files' screen will now appear with a progress bar.
After a few minutes the Microsoft copyright window ill appear and another small progress bar will be visible
You will next see a Blue curtained screen
Next the Language option screen will appear Select your language and keyboard language and the Click the Next button
At the bottom left of the next screen - the Install screen, Click on the Repair Your Computer option
The System recovery options will now search for your Windows installation
Once the Windows installation has been located, Highlight it and then Click the Next button
The set of recovery options now appears, Click on the Option you require and follow the on screen prompts
Repair / Recovery Options
- Startup repair - This automatically fixes problems that are preventing Windows from starting
- System Restore - This will Restore Windows to an earlier point in time
- Windows Complete PC Restore (Available in Windows Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate editions only)- If you don't have a backup then don't use this option This will completely restore your entire PC - programs, system settings and files - from the back up that you have previously created. Any other data will be lost
- Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - This checks your computer's memory hardware for errors
- Command Prompt - This opens a Command Window