Tiny windows...

madzad 21:18 08 Dec 2003

Hi
I have just bought a new computer using XP home, the thing is the text and window sizes cannot be expanded when surfing. For example, when signing into hotmail. I have to squint to see what Im signing in with!

I dont have this when working off line, there is an easy way to sort this out but Im stumped if I can remember how I sorted this out last time. Id really appreciate any help anyone can offer. My knowledge of PCs and OS's is reasonable.

Thanks

VoG II 21:22 08 Dec 2003

You say they can't be expanded ... What happens if you drag the edges to make the window fill the screen? If you can do this then File/Close and the next time the window should open full-screen.

I am assuming that we are talking about Internet Explorer...

madzad 21:55 09 Dec 2003

Hi Vog

Yeah its in internet explorer slaps wrist for forgeting to mention it before).. but there is no way I can get to expand the window as much as I have tried on most sites and the ones I can it stil displays small fonts.

Thanks

Steve UK

VoG II 21:57 09 Dec 2003

You can change the font size using View/Text size or if you have a wheel mouse hold down CTRL and rotate the wheel.

madzad 10:39 10 Dec 2003

Hi Vog
Im afraid to say that was the first thing I did... I had an idea to got to the manufacturing website for the new monitor and ask for a driver as when the new PC and monitor came togther there was no drivers for the monitor.

Its a long shot, thanks for trying tho..

Cheers

Steve UK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?