"timed out" while posting ?

p;3 11:01 09 Nov 2005

I had spent about 15 minutes composing an update on one of my threads;I was logged in at the time. when I came to press "post reply" I was taken to an unlogged in page; rather stupidly, I had not saved to a word document that which I had spent time composing , so all that hard work was lost and has to be repeated; is it a feature of this board that we are timed out if we stay too long composing? and if so what is the timed out length?

Taff™ 11:07 09 Nov 2005

There was a little gremlin about 15 Minutes ago - I couldn`t reply to two threads.

LastChip 11:09 09 Nov 2005

Apparently, the PCA development team were playing with the site this morning and probably caused your problem.

I doubt it's on-going.

p;3 11:14 09 Nov 2005

I"m not taking any more chances with this; I am composing my long update OFF forum ; I really should have saved it to a document before I clicked reply, ;gremlins; I"ll give "em gremlins:))and Sods Law that it would happen on a topic I have been having terrrible problems with..! and will THIS post?

Chegs ® 11:18 09 Nov 2005

Its nowt to do with time taken either,I only typed "traceroute (IP) ?" and hit post response to get an error,so I tried another browser(IE)and that worked fine.My main browser(Avant)repeatedly errored,so switched to Firefox.Had no more problems with either of these,just Avant,which is now also working fine.

knockin on 11:19 09 Nov 2005

Time 1120 I just posted - no problem

p;3 11:23 09 Nov 2005

thanks folks; I"m now composing OFF forum my lengthly informative update; then I have it here if the thing plays up again; I really now regret NOT saving my reply to a document too, all that "work" lost:(( my mail system is really "having its day" with me:((

Forum Editor 17:18 09 Nov 2005

to some of the site components today, and this caused a problem for some people - making it necessary for them to login again.

We couldn't have foreseen the problem, and I'm sorry if anyone was inconvenienced - all is well now, and there's a more detailed explanation in Speakers Corner if you're interested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?