Is time to upgrade my GC

Nat 03 15:29 20 Mar 2010

I have a GeForce6600 in my Asrock N7AD-SLI Motherboard I have tryed to update the drivers for the GC but it seems as if they dont want to know the 6 Series anymore, Is it time to renew I was thinking of replacing it with a ATI Radeon HD 5750 or would I be doing wrong.??? Help needed as Im new to building my own Comp. Thanks.

Technotiger 15:38 20 Mar 2010

I too have a GeForce 6600 on a similar mobo, my graphics are grreat, and giving me no problems - I would only ever consider updating drivers or the Card if this one was faulty in any way! As it is I am very happy with it.

retep888 15:41 20 Mar 2010

Driver for GF6600 click here

450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended if you want to upgrade to ATI5750 click here

Nat 03 20:09 20 Mar 2010

Hi retep888,
I clicked on to GF6600 it took me to Nivida and download then when installing I got the following message:-Windows cannot access the specified path,or file.You may not have the appropariate permissons to access the item. Then I clicked OK started installing. Then message from Nivida "Could not install put in drivers that worked before" Then do I want to boot my computer. So it no update was install. Help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Gmail : comment annuler l’envoi d’un e-mail ?