TIME / TINY extremely poor service!

User-87C812D6-0489-484F-A34F1EA4EACCAEF6 16:44 25 Jul 2003

I bought a Laptop from Tiny Direct online a while ago, with no extended warranty. On the 13th month, my Tiny Laptop ceased to operate [December 2002]! This was caused by cooling fan fault within the laptop.
I contacted the Tiny Technical support who sent me a faulty fanplate which was everything around the fan, but NOT the cooling fan!!!

I continually contacted Tiny about the wrong part and about the Cooling Fan which I required. I have been contacting Tiny regularly since the problems started and 7 months later, I still do not have a replacement cooling fan.

One of the staff replied saying that the manager said that "Laptop parts are not supplied to customers". Regarding this reply, I was confused because why did they supply me with the faulty fanplate before however refuse to send me the correct parts now?

In this event, we've spent:
a) 7 months without a computer to use
b) Around £100 of telephone bills to Tiny

Is this fair trade? Can anybody help solve this?

Thanks, Kin Wong

bremner 16:54 25 Jul 2003

Is this not your existing thread with a different title? click here

Xevious 16:57 25 Jul 2003

shouldn't this be in the ConsumerWatch forum???

Magik ®© 17:10 25 Jul 2003

to add my bit, do you not, in this life get what you pay for? to save a few pennies then wake up in the cold grey light of morning and realize you have done a wrong un......

you can not really expect Tiny to be the same as Evesham.. or a Binatone TV to be like a Sony. best to pay the extra and get better quality parts, than a load of cheap rubbish.....

ok sermon over.............

this is already in ConsumerWatch forum!! Thanks. Well someone said to try and catch the attention of the TIME representative, so I sent it with the title saying TIME.

I really want to get the problem solved so I hope you can understand my confusion.

Thanks, Kin Wong

reply to "Magik" Get my monies worth? I think that when I bought the Laptop it was quite expensive already. £1300. I think I'm not getting my monies worth.

Magik ®© 18:09 25 Jul 2003

do Tiny need vast loads of money to fix it? maybe the time has come to get a quote....

or has that been done?

Well a cooling fan doesn't cost much.

but the problem is that Tiny Laptop's cooling fan was designed to be used in a Tiny so it cannot be easily bought.

Magik ®© 18:29 25 Jul 2003

sorry Kin, i meant how much do Tiny want to take it in and sort it out.....

they want me to pay £300 for the extended warrantee! so basically "no warranty, no parts"! Which I don't think is right! Do you agree?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)