Time on PC

bluto1 20:32 26 Dec 2008

How accurate is the clock in the notification area ? Mine is now showing20.24

rdave13 20:42 26 Dec 2008

Don't know if you power off and unplug evey night, but if you do and the PC is a few years old then your cmos battery is on the way out.
Possible help; click here

bluto1 21:17 26 Dec 2008

Thanks for that info. I thought that it would be fairly accurate, being part of the Windows set up and didn't give any thought to the cmos battery. I switch off every night but do not pull the plug, and am probably paying for it in my electricity bill. Mobo is 9 years old and I'm surprised everything is still working. I think until I get further warnings I'll operate " if it's not broken don't mend it", but with your warning I'll watch carefully. I will be buying a new PC in a few months time. Thanks again, have a great new year.

rdave13 21:44 26 Dec 2008

Mobo nine years old. You've done very well lol. If your'e buying a new machine in a few months then I wouldn't worry just re-set the time.
I know you'll get a cracking, up to date PC and will be interested what you'll get and how it goes.
Happy New Year to you and yours.

bluto1 22:09 26 Dec 2008

How do I reset the time?

rdave13 22:20 26 Dec 2008

Right click the time shown in the right hand side of the taskbar (notification area otherwise known as system tray) and click on 'Adjust time/ date' on the menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?