Time it takes for Hotmail to recieve sent mail?

gazmix 14:06 06 Mar 2007

Hi
I needed to send a webpage image to Hotmail address. I did the ctrl a, c & then opened a 'new message' window & did ctrl v!

So now i have the image on the new mail.
I add my email address & forward it, but a day later, it hasn't arrived!

I've also tryed to send a pic of me to a friends hotmail. I go to hotmail, write my letter, add file attachment & send.
They only get the text, not the pic!!

Any ideas!

Gaz

recap 15:15 06 Mar 2007

There may be a size limit on the account?

gazmix 16:40 06 Mar 2007

Yeh, i thought this, it's always hotmail that is the prob!

I believe i can reduce the size of the image when attaching & sending! I have done it before, but can't figure out how to now!
Can you explain how i do this!

Cheers
Gaz

gazmix 17:02 06 Mar 2007

The web page i have in Outlook that i want to send to Hotmail is 75KB
instead of just forwarding it, i went to tools & send as attachment, i hope that works.

Also photos in my documents, when i double click on them & send then right click & chose 'send as amil', it asks me if i want to keep to original size or reduce!
So i reduced, i hope that works too!
Gaz

gazmix 00:05 10 Mar 2007

anyone!!!!

Migwell 00:12 10 Mar 2007

Get your self a propper email account through some one like Tiscali or Talktalk. Not a webmail type, Hotmail is more bother than it's worth, it has been a source of bugs and all sorts of problems in the past and would not think of using it now.

gazmix 00:20 10 Mar 2007

It don't matter, i assume it gets there eventualy. I have my own fsnet address & hot mail,i don't need more !
I think it's a size limit thing. I get no definate answers so i imagine thats the prob!
Gaz

Kate B 00:33 10 Mar 2007

A couple of my friends are on hotmail and there have been more than a few times when emails - plain old text emails with no attachments - have failed to arrive with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)