TICKLY TISCALI!!

blendit 22:16 03 Mar 2004

IM CONSIDERING GETTING A 3X FASTER THAN 56K MODEM FROM TISCALI! AS IT FREES PHONE LINE AND WOULD SEEM TO BE SIMULAR PRICE TO MY LINE RENTAL ALLREADY, IS IT WORTH IT OR ARE THEY NOT VERY good?. HAS ANYONE had any problems or advice to share ON THIS SUBJECT? ALSO WHY DOESNT IT WORK ON MAC'S? THANKS!

dazzling (work) 22:24 03 Mar 2004

you still have to pay your line rental for the telephone the price is just for the broadband bt will still bill you for the phone.darren

blendit 22:31 03 Mar 2004

THANKS, I KNOW THAT PHONE PRICE WILL NOT INCLUDE PHONE AS ITS SEPERATE BUT WOULD THE PRICE STILL INCLUDE LINE RENTAL FOR ALL THINGS TO DO WITH INTERNET EVEN THOUGH IT'S 3X FASTER AND WOULD FREE UP THE PHONE LINE, (SO I CAN BE ON PHONE AND ONLINEI NO CALL CHARGES ETC. ARE STLL APPARENT). ALSO WHY DOESNT THIS AND SOME OTHER BBAND SERVICES NOT WORK ON MACS? THANKS AGAIN

dazzling (work) 22:52 03 Mar 2004

i have tiscali 512 its very good and 24.99 a month.i still pay bt for line rental and calls made from the phone but anything to do with the internet is included in the money you pat tiscali.

blendit 22:55 03 Mar 2004

thanks i guess that the phoneline would not be busy when your online then and also why does this and some other broadband services not work on macs?

byfordr 23:01 03 Mar 2004

why not just get broadband?

click here for prices.

Why bother with snail speeds when proper broadband is just a few quid more.

Also you could try pressing your capslock BEFORE TYPING!

R

blendit 23:18 03 Mar 2004

SORRY about that i payed no attention. Thanx for the link very useful-norm.broadband does look the better option!!!

byfordr 23:26 03 Mar 2004

Decide how much you are prepared to pay a month. 512kb is a lot better than dialup you will notice the difference immediately. 1mb is a lot faster than 512kb, downloads complete quickly! 2mb you just don't have to wait.

You should be able to get 512kb for £22.50, 1mb £27.50, 2mb £37.50. With no download limits. Other forum members will be able to tell you about pay as you go broadband. (Metronet I think)

You could do far worse than check click here The 1mb and 2mb service is superb! Failing that Pipex or Bulldog are pretty good.

HTH

R

blendit 23:38 03 Mar 2004

thanks ure advise has been vast and helpfull.

DaveBuxton 00:08 04 Mar 2004

Had tiscali 150 for about a month now, speedtouch modem does not like via chipset, so could not connect to wifes computer,connected to mine and shared internet explorer and connected to hers via network I set up, no problems thus far, however their forum shows they have a few disgruntled customers, they dont tell you about the millions of satisfied ones tho' Hope that helps

Gongoozler 07:20 04 Mar 2004

I've been using Tiscali 150 for over a week now and find it well worth the extra £1 a month over my old Freeserve Anytime. Another option that is worth looking at is Metronet. Their 512k service costs between £10 and £23.99 a month depending on how much you download. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?