TI4600 Problem

acer01 14:53 19 Sep 2003

Hi all,

I have a creative blaster geforce 4 ti4600 that seems to have packed in. I was browsing the www last night and my screen just started to distort and then my pc locked up. I rebooted by switching off the power and then switching back on again. However during post I noticed a lot of flickering and when it got to the windows logo the colours were all distorted and it refused to go any further. Anyway just to cover all the bases I reformated my drive reloaded windows and all my drivers including all the latest updates for my board and card but I still get the same problem. My board is an Asus A7N266-VM Nforce1 board which has onboard graphics which works with no probs at all (I am using it now) so I was wondering is it likely to definately be the card thats packed in or could it be something to do with the board or agp slot? The reason i want to know is that I was going to buy a new Nforce 2 board on sunday which dosen't have onboard graphics and wouldn't be able to afford a decent graphics card as well so I'm not sure what to do. Also I don't know anyone locally who has a rig that I could test the card on.

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Andy

Terrahawk 15:13 19 Sep 2003

dont quote me on this but it could be a heat problem have you checked your fan is working correctly on the card

acer01 15:17 19 Sep 2003

Thanks for the responce Terrahawk. I did check the fan and it was spinning ok I also felt the card and heatsink on it and they were just warm to the touch, didn't feel too hot.

acer01 15:20 19 Sep 2003

Just to add to that I also got the same problem when booting from cold, therefore I can confidently rule out heat as a cause.

Chegs ® 16:23 19 Sep 2003

It does sound like your card has departed,I had an Hercules depart the living(as I screwed its clock speed up to 700Mhz...lol.)and it wobbled the screen then the desktop went to massively magnified,and on rebooting,it simply did nothing,no heat,no desktop.I replaced it with a Ti4600(unbranded)which I experiment with as I have replaced it with a Ti4600 Leadtek.

acer01 17:03 19 Sep 2003

I didn't overclock mine, although I was tempted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)