Thunderbird on win7, no sent box

bumpkin 22:25 18 Sep 2013

Using Thunderbird for email. When I use XP I get Inbox, Draughts, Sent, Archives, Trash under my Name.

When I use Thunderbird in W7 I only get Inbox, Trash, Outbox. No "sent" unless it is hidden somewhere.

Means I do not know whether something has been sent or not.

Any advice please.

caccy 13:42 19 Sep 2013

Go to "TOOLS", Account Settings, Select the account you want to change ([email protected]) select :- Copies and Folders. In Copies and Folders you designate exactly where you want messages to be placed.

bumpkin 14:26 19 Sep 2013

Thanks caccy, I have it set to put a copy in the sent folder but I can't find the "Sent folder" to see what is in it. I would expect it to be listed with inbox/outbox etc as it is if I use XP.

Jollyjohn 16:07 19 Sep 2013

Under VIEW, look at FOLDERS and ensure ALL is selected.

I will try adding a new account in the morning to try and recreate this issue. ( I am off to work now) and come back with a better solution if above does not fix it.

bumpkin 17:15 19 Sep 2013

Thanks Jollyjohn, ALL is selected but no sent box showing.

bumpkin 20:29 19 Sep 2013

When I try to send an Email it says failed to send message to sent folder. I don't know whether or not it has been sent to the intended recipitent.

Before I try re-installing Thunderbird can anyone tell me where the sent folder is or should be. I would expect it to be listed with inbox/outbox.

alanrwood 12:41 20 Sep 2013

All the folders are located in your T/B Profile folder. Your problem would seem to be that the sent box has been deleted somehow. I thought it was one of the folders that can't be deleted from within T/B so how it happened I can't say (If indeed that is the reason)

bumpkin 13:20 20 Sep 2013

Thanks alanrwood,

I don't know if it was deleted or hidden somewhere. Re-instal fixed it which I probably should have done in the first place just thought I may have missed something obvious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Explore Milton Glaser's iconic poster designs from the 1960s to present, including Bob Dylan, I…

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts