The threes are now intrusive......

Legolas 17:38 28 Mar 2003

I hate to keep on about this and at the risk of being slated, the threes are now becoming more than a nuisance they are now becoming intrusive. When I go to the PCA Log-on page, which is incidentally my homepage, an advert related to the threes advert covers the log in buttons and on more than one occasion today I have clicked on it instead of the log in button, to get access to the log in button I have to do a refresh, this is web advertising at its most intrusive and I am a bit surprised at PCA allowing this rather dubious method of geeting users to click on an advert, and before anyone mentions it I have popup stopper pro running and I do not want to use Opera. :-):-(

A15 17:46 28 Mar 2003

I use Spywareblaster & have never seen any of these "three's" that I have heard so much about!

€dstow 17:50 28 Mar 2003

The cardinal rule of advertising is: "Don't alienate your potential customer." This is precisely what the three things are doing to a lot of people.

As well as being intrusive, they look like the efforts of some very over zealous art student in his (or her) first week on a graphics course. Zero out of ten for effort, I think.

I wonder if the people whose product this campaign is supposed to promote have actually been subject to the irritation of the ghastly threes?

I did have to open IE to see them though. I am not the least put off by using Opera.

I still don't know what product the threes are trying to sell - another prime indicator of failure. An advertisement must be immediately associated with the product it is trying to sell - this one doesn't.

€d

Megatyte 17:57 28 Mar 2003

I've never seen them. No supression programs running. Maybe it's an ad for BBC3.

AH

Legolas 17:59 28 Mar 2003

I am not sure either as I just close the site that opens when I click on them by mistake but I think it has something to do with third generation mobile phones hence the 333333,s

Ellie3009 18:01 28 Mar 2003

Everyone goes on about these threes, and I have only seen them about twice, and I don't have a popup killer running!
Am I jut lucky?

Ellie3009 18:02 28 Mar 2003

P.S> I think they are selling 3G mobile phone services, there are TV ads on at the moment, something to do with watching football on your mobile!

€dstow 18:08 28 Mar 2003

You see, no-one so far is sure what they are trying to sell - not a sucessful campaign!;-))

€d

« Ravin » 18:17 28 Mar 2003

well so far they weren't too bad in one corner kind. but now they are right in the middle exactly covering the log in area :@ .. very intrusive indeed

leo49 18:18 28 Mar 2003

Come on €d - I know you've been at the wine and cream puffs but anyone who's been within sniffing distance of a TV within the last month can't fail to have seen the blanket coverage 3G phone ads. :o)

Megatyte 18:20 28 Mar 2003

.... not a sucessful campaign

No? Everyone here's talking about it ;o)

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?