Three Pay as You Go Broadband - free?

WaTcHiNg 14:23 05 Nov 2008

Having contact 3 twice on this issue I thought I'd ask people who may know:

6 months ago I bought a pay as you go USB broadband modem on 3 network. I registered 1 £10 top up card and used that to purchase £10 of broadband knowing tha if I didn't use it all I 30 days I would loose it.
6 months ater my account at My3 shows £0 balance and I have been surfing for almost around 20 minutes now with no credit. I have called 3 twice and been told 1) you can get to search engines and 3's site to buy more credit and 2)you get 200kb free every 15 minutes.
However, I have downloaded a 5MB file from Microsoft, browsed on facebook and am now browsing the forums on PCAdvisor.
Since I've called them and been honest about the issue and they don't seem bothered, I thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced this phenomenum?
Since they have no address for me and no credit/debit card details I guess I've got free broadband :-)

woodchip 14:55 05 Nov 2008

Keep your mouth shut they may be listening

Pineman100 16:45 05 Nov 2008

It sounds as though you've been as honest about this situation as anyone could expect.

But there comes a point where I think you can quite reasonably stop beating them over the head to take your money.

They clearly don't want it!

Weskit 18:39 05 Nov 2008

Just wonder what BB you are connecting to? Someone else's un-secured?

tullie 18:41 05 Nov 2008

Might cost you a lot when they find out

woodchip 18:47 05 Nov 2008

How can it cost they have no details of him, he cannot connect with 3 to a router. it connects to mobile network i.e celphone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?